Monday, March 15, 2010

Rockin $80 Couch

The excitement has been building as the weather has improved just enough and the ads for estate sales and garage sales start to pick up. In the Madison area, it seems many of the church sales start in March and April. I have been to a couple and boy they were crowded and busy.

I want to feature two recent finds. One I got at the church sale. It is an awesome vintage Thermador space heater. It is in great condition and works. I picked it up for $2.50. It had the original price sticker on it. It sold for $13.95.



The second wonderful find was at a thrift store. It is this great vintage couch. It is green and chocolate brown. The original fabric is in wonderful condition. The cushions will need new foam but it is great and very comfortable. It has a nice high back which is great for us tall folks. I really like how the fabric is presented on the back of the couch. I am not sure I have seen that before. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a matching chair!!



There is just nothing like a great find at a great price. The blood is pumping and the excitement builds. Then when you get it home and just love it, that is the icing on the cake.

I wish everyone a successful hunting season . . . on your mark, get set, go!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment